Caron International's Bliss (60% acrylic, 40% nylon; 1.76 oz/50 g, 82 yds/75 m ball): (bulky)
#0008 Sour Apple (MC), 11 (12) balls
Caron International's Glimmer (85% acrylic, 15% polyester; 1.76 oz/50 g, 49 yds/45 m ball):
#0008 Apple (CC), 3 (3) balls
USM/ISM KP#4, or appropriate tension setting
Suitable for USM/ISM/Bond Classic or 6.5 to 9mm knitting machine
One pair each US size 8 and 10 (5 and 6 mm) knitting needles, for Seed st trim
Waste yarn (WY)
Crochet hook G-6 (4.25 mm)
In Stockinette stitch, using USM/ISM KP# 4 and MC: 13 sts and 20 R = 4"/10 cm
Stockinette stitch (St st): Knit side = RS
Single Crochet (sc)
Seed Stitch (multiple of 2 sts)
Row 1: * K1, p1; repeat from * across.
Row 2: Purl the knit sts and knit the purl sts as they face you.
Repeat Row 2 for Seed st.
NEEDLES REQUIRED: 46
CC trim is worked by hand, in Seed st, after Shwrap is knit.
- COR. Using KP#4 and WY, CO 46 sts. K 6 R. Break off. Set RC=000.
- Using MC, K to RC=170.
- Shape Armhole Openings: BO 28 (32) sts at beg of next R.
- K to RC=176.
- CO 28 (32) sts.
- K to RC=246 (256).
- BO 28 (32) sts at beg of next R.
- K to RC=252 (262).
- CO 28 (32) sts. Reset RC=000.
- K to RC=170.
- Remove sts to WY or larger hand knitting needles.
- Working by hand, using CC, beg Seed st, dec 4 sts evenly across first R.
- Work even for 6".
- BO loosely in patt.
- Pick up sts from CO edge with larger hand knitting needles, carefully removing WY.
- Repeat Steps 12 – 14.
- COR. Using KP#4 and WY, CO 32 (35) sts. K 6 R. Break off. Set RC=000.
- Shape Sleeve: Using MC, inc 1 st ea side of every 12 R, once; then every 13 R, 4 times—42 (45) sts. RC=064.
- K to RC=076.
- Shape Cap: BO 3 sts at beg next 2 R.
- Dec 1 st ea side every 3 R, 3 times.
- Dec 1 st ea side every 4 R, 4 (5) times.
- Dec 1 st ea side every 3 R, 3 times. RC=112 (116).
- BO rem 16 (17) sts.
- Pick up sts from CO edge with smaller hand knitting needles, carefully removing WY.
- Working by hand, using CC, work in Seed st for 5".
- BO loosely in patt.
- Sew 2" shoulder seams (see schematic).
- Sew sleeve seams, leaving a 1" opening for thumb, (if desired), 1/2" from lower edge of cuff.
- Set in sleeves.
- Edging: Using crochet hook and MC, work 1 R sc along MC edges.