Ultimate Sweater Machine®
Caron® Jewel Box
(64% acrylic, 20% rayon, 16% polyester; 2.5oz./70.9g, 100yds/92m):
11 skeins in #0020 Ruby; USM/ISM KP#3; single-prong transfer tool, WY or Garter bar;
5mm (US size H/8) crochet hook
Suitable for USM/ISM/Bond Classic or 6.5 to 9 mm knitting machine
Using USM/ISM KP# 3 or appropriate tension setting, in St st with
MY: 14 sts and 24 R = 4/10cm
NEEDLES REQUIRED: 100
Stockinette stitch (St st): Knit side = RS
Reverse Stockinette stitch (rev St st): Purl side = RS
Pattern Sequence (28-row rep)
1. K to RC=024. [24 R St st WS facing.]
2. Remove sts to WY or Garter bar.
3. Turn work with RS facing. Rehang all sts.
4. K to RC=028. [4 R rev St st RS facing.]
5. Rep Step 2.
6. Turn work with WS facing. Rehang all sts. Reset RC=000.
7. Rep steps 1 6 for Patt Sequence, end last rep Step 1.
HELPFUL: To save time, weave in ends as you work.
1. Using closed-edge cast-on method, CO 100 st. RC=000.
2. Work in Patt Sequence to RC=332.
1. Block piece to measurements.
2. Weave in ends.
3. Side Edges: Using crochet hook, work 1 row sc, and then 1 row
rev sc along ea side edge.
1. Cut pieces 12" long.
2. Using crochet hook and 4 strands held tog, attach Fringe 1"
apart along both ends.
3. Trim to desired length.
projects for the Ultimate Sweater Machine!