For the Ultimate Sweater
designed by Kathy Perry
FINISHED SIZE (with casing)
11"/28cm long X 27"/68.5cm wide
Caron International’s Simply Soft (100% Acrylic, 6oz/170g, 315yds/288m): 5oz/142g
Shown in #9709 Lt. Country Blue
USM/ISM KP#3 or appropriate tension to obtain gauge
Suitable for USM/ISM/Bond Classic or 6.5 to 9 mm knitting machine
Printer Friendly PDF
KP# 3 and #4
Single prong transfer tool
3 yards thread (contrast color) to mark hanging row
Crochet hook G-6 (4 mm)
Safety pin for threading cord
In Eyelet Pattern stitch with KP#3, 15 sts and 24 rows = 4”/10 cm
KNIT STITCHES USED
Stockinette stitch (St st)
Eyelet Pattern - See Chart (mult 11 sts + 2)
Remove the 3rd st from end and replace it on the ndl to the right. *Remove the foll 8th st and replace it on the ndl to the left and the foll 3rd st and replace it on the ndl to the right. Repeat from * across row. End with the 3rd st from the end replaced to the left. Put empty ndls in WP with latches open and K 1 R. K 1 R and repeat.
CROCHET STITCHES USED
Single Crochet (sc)
Sc in first st, *ch 3, sc in same st, sc in next 3 sts; repeat from *, end ch 3, sl st into first sc. Fasten off.
NEEDLES REQUIRED 101
- Using KP#3 and closed CO method (chain), CO 101 sts. COR. RC=000.
- Top Ruffle: K 2 R. Start Eyelet Pattern and work to RC=024. Stop Pattern and K 1 R.
- Casing: K 1 R holding thread with yarn to mark row. K 6 R. Using the transfer tool, lift the loops of the marked row onto the ndls (there will be two loops on each ndl). Put all ndls into FWP with latches open, change to KP4 and K row slowly. RC=033. Change back to KP3.
- Bottom Ruffle: K 1 R. Start Eyelet Pattern and work to RC=062. Stop Pattern and K 2 R.
- BO using loose chain st.
|He re’s how your neckwarmer will look after removing it from the machine (note that the photo shows the neckwarmer with the crocheted edging and cording threaded through, which you will be doing next.)
- Remove marking thread.
- Top Ruffle: NOTE - Due to nature of Eyelet Pattern, the Top Ruffle (only) will have a slight scalloped edge. With RS facing, work 1 R sc (loosely) into CO edge making a tight sc 3 rows down between eyelets - to emphasize scallop.
- Bottom Ruffle: With RS facing, work 1 R sc (loosely) and then turn and work 1 R picot crochet. This ruffle is longer and will show below the top ruffle.
- Weave in ends. Steam crochet edges lightly.
- Using Embellish Knit, make a 45" cord. Use safety pin to thread cord through casing. Knot ends. Gather and tie as desired.
||Here’s the neckwarmer with the underside up (at left), which also looks great, and another shot of the edge of the neckwarmer (at right) from the wrong side so you can see what the stitching will look like as you’re making the piece.
projects for the Ultimate Sweater Machine!