TOOLS YOU WILL NEED:
Piece of felt or cloth
Table at least 72" long (bed will extend a bit off the ends)
or flat piece of wood at least this long clamped to a table.
1. Disassemble the first machine (B) (see illustration
below) into two halves.
2. Turn each half of the second machine upside down.
3. Using the wire cutters, snip off the "push fit" (the
small metal disk holding the metal rod to the endcap) from the metal
rod at each end of each bed half and remove the endcaps.
4. Slide the metal rod so it just clears the hole in the last module.
Now join the first bed half (B) with the second bed half (A) with
bolt. (You may keep the rod from moving by clamping it or wrapping
with a rubber band.) Repeat this for the second bed half.
5. Join the two "mega-halves" in the center with bolt.
6. Clamp the machine to the table.
7. With the felt or fabric held to protect the plastic, using the
pliers, pull up the two green retainer bars where the empty slots
are between beds #1 and #2.
8. Also pull up the retainer bars covering the end 10 needles at
each end of the long bed.
9. Replace the empty needle sections where the beds join with the
ten needles from each end of the bed.
10. Snap the retainer bars back in place.